Hirda is a development and relief organisation that works with others to find lasting solutions to poverty and suffering in Somalia and in particular in Gedo, lower Jubba and Galgudud regions.
* Poverty alleviation through small-scale food production programs which will lead access to food for every body
* Illiteracy elimination through sustainable, qualitative and accessible basic education and vocational training for every gender.
* To improve the quality and accessibility of drinking water.
* Raising community awareness in regarding to self-reliance, influencing decision-making process, ownership, democratization, strengthening civil society and improving the relation between the regions where HIRDA is active and surrounding regions.
* To function as an advisory organ between local, international and donor organization.
* HIRDA encourages that intellectual Diaspora community to go back to Somalia to participate the reconstruction of Somalia.